Hello, my name is Suzy. I went to school to be a Chef in Savannah, Ga. so please don't hold me to correct grammar or spelling because the majority of us Chef's or cooks in my case don't really care much about that. I went to school off and on to get my degree in culinary arts, I dropped out as soon as I realized I could learn so much more in the field. I worked under two CIA grads. and learned how to cook gourmet style in a matter of months.
Being that I was in the south I of course cooked many of fried foods and turned the healthiest of food into pure fat with all that butter. Now that I'm back in my home state of Oregon, where they pride themselfs on being healthy and organic I'm wanting to turn my cooking style around to that where I can be healthy and fit again.
I got the idea to write a blog about my experience after I watched Julie and Julia. I love Julia Childs and appriciate what she has taught us Americans about cooking. I would've loved to do what Julie Powell did by cooking every recipe in Julia's first addition but it was way too heavy, fattening and very bad if you are trying to get in shape. So tonight as I sat down on the couch I looked over at my coffee table and what did I see, the Fitness magezine that we get every month. We each look at it for different reasons, my dad for all the hot chicks, and I guess my mom too but not in that way, she wishes she could have a body like them or wishes she could be their age again, and me I'd like to have that body, I am their age but I look through just to find the healthy recipes. The recipes sound so good? I've tried to make a few from cook books that were made for dieting or eating healthy, they just never tasted right? Maybe just maybe the recipes in the Fitness mag will be good actually delicious? So that's my goal. I'm here to test all these recipes in this mag and tell you the readers of the mag, at home mom's or people just trying to be healthy if healthy food really tastes good.
The first recipe is Steak and pepper taco's out of Fitness magazine. I'm going to compare their nutition fact's to mine. Let see if it's tastey and good for you too~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sis,
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to see how things turn out! I am always willing to be the gineau pig to test out your experiments....and for all you followers, I never hesitate to give feedback to my little sis on what I think and changes that can be made. Hehe!